How to Batch OCR PDF Files and Search Multiple PDF Files with Adobe Acrobat
In order to accurately search multiple pdf files at once with Adobe Acrobat, you must first OCR (Optical Character Recognition) your pdf files. In this week’s tip, we will walk you through how to OCR multiple pdf files at once and show you how to run searches in multiple pdf files at once.
BATCH OCR PDF FILES
Adobe Acrobat has a batch OCR option that makes your work easier. The process is also simple and straightforward once you have this software. Here is a guide to the adobe acrobat batch OCR process.
Step 1. Download and install Adobe Acrobat to your PC. Next, open it and click on the "Enhance scans" option.
Step 2. Next, click on "or recognize text in multiple files" to be able to add files to Adobe Acrobat.
Step 3. A pop-up window will now appear that allows you to add multiple files. Click on "Add Files" and select as many PDF files as you want and then click on the "OK" button after uploading.
Step 4. After that, you need to specify your output settings. Choose the "Target Folder" and specify the "File Naming". Also, decide if you want to "Overwrite existing files".
Step 5. Finally, choose the OCR language depending on the text language of your OCR files. Next, choose the output options and click on "OK" to complete the adobe batch OCR process. From there, click "Start" to batch OCR files on Adobe Acrobat.
Now that we have completed the first step, now let's go through the steps to search for terms in multiple pdf files at once.
SEARCH MULTIPLE PDFs AT ONCE
We all know that we can search within a PDF file for any text that we want to find. But did you know that you can search within multiple PDF files at once? Well, I'm here to tell you that you can and here's how you do it.
1. Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
2. Click on the Edit menu at the top and select the "Advanced Search" option.
3. Click the radio button in front of "All PDF Documents in".
4. Click on the dropdown menu to open it.
5. Click on the "Browse for Location..." option.
6. Navigate to the folder where your PDF files live.
7. Fill in the text box with what you want to search for.
8. Click the Search button.
9. If you get a Security Warning message click the "Allow" button.
10. You will then get a search window that tells you how many PDF files contain your search term and how many instances of it were found.